Saturday, November 30, 2013

PetSafe Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble


THE BASICS
Brand: PetSafe
Product: Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble
Size: Small (suitable dogs up to 20lbs)
Color: Blue translucent
Availability: available
Website: http://store.petsafe.net/busy-buddy-kibble-nibble


I had two food dispensing toys as a puppy, and used them consistently as I was a finicky eater and did not want to eat out of an ordinary food bowl. Now, I eat everything from any bowl and do not 'need' these toys for eating purpose. However, I sometimes get to play with them especially when my people feel I still have too much energy left at night.


My people added this food dispensing toy recently in my collection. It is called PetSafe Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble. It is similar to OurPets Smart IQ Ball: you roll it over and your kibbles or treats come out of the openings of the toy. However, because of its egg shaped body, it rolls differently from IQ Ball.

This is how it originally came. When you look for it in stores, it should look like this. 


Like OurPets Smart IQ Treat Ball and KONG Wobbler, this toy comes apart into two pieces.


After the tags were removed.


This is how the top piece and the bottom piece look like.


The bottom piece is about 3.5 inches diameter.


And the top piece is about 4 inches. Top piece screws on to the bottom, and it is naturally slightly larger.


There are two dispensing holes: one on the top of the top piece, and the other on the bottom of the bottom piece. They are about the same size, and one inch diameter.


It has rubber bumpers to protect the toy itself and your floor. It still makes a lot of noise because this toy is made of hard plastic, but these bumpers seem to help at least a little.


You probably have noticed these pictures of dogs playing with this toy. These stickers are attached to the toy. There are three of them. These dogs are all different breeds and different sizes. The company probably wants to promote that this toy can be enjoyed by any dogs in all sizes and ages. 


Although they are all cute, my people peeled them off for easy cleaning.


Now, let's look at these labels. These two labels used to be one piece: the bottom one was inserted in the toy, which was attached to the top one.



This is the back of the top label.


Your people can cut one of the rubber things at the opening if your treats are not dispensing easily. My people did not think that was necessary, and I played it as is when this toy was given to me for the first time.


This is my dinner. A half cup of kibbles.


When I started rolling over this toy, my people realized that the opening was not big enough for the size of my kibbles.


I think my kibbles are in an average size, but there was no way they could come out of this opening.


So, my people decided to cut one of the 'Treat Meter' prongs. It was rather difficult to cut this prong because my people did not have a pair of tiny scissors. After this was done, kibbles came out more easily.


As for the dubber bumpers, it is easy to make decorations to them. I did not chew on the toy, but I made quite a few teeth marks here and there while I was trying to get my kibbles out.


Now, size comparison of all three food dispensing toys I have.


And, of course, video demonstration follows. Enjoy!


SHIBA INU SAKI's VIDEO DEMONSTRATION! 



These three food dispensing toys are all different, and they are fun. My favorite? It depends. If I my people feel I have energy to burn, they would choose OurPets Smart IQ Ball. If they feel they want to give me some fun while I eat, they would offer me KONG Wobbler. I guess Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble is sort of in between.

No comments: