Saturday, October 19, 2013

OurPet's Smarter Toys IQ Treat Ball

THE BASICS
Brand: OurPet's
Product: IQ Treat Ball
Size: Small (3 inch ball)
Color: Blue
Availability: available
Website: http://www.ourpets.com/products_smartertoys.html


I was a finicky eater when I was a puppy. Especially when I was going through the process of teething, everything felt weird in my mouth and I just did not want to put anything in it. My people were worried about me because I still had a lot of growing to do, and got me some 'food dispensing toys'. The first one was KONG Wobbler, which I introduced to you earlier, but I was afraid to play with it because it wobbled! So, they got me this OurPet's Smarter Toys IQ Treat Ball, which rolls just like a regular ball that I liked, while dispensing kibbles. 


Smarter Toys IQ Treat Ball comes in two sizes. I have the 'Small' (3 inches), and the 'Large' (5 inches) is in orange. For my body size, 'Small' works just fine.

This toy has three pieces. The opaque blue half ball is the bottom piece, and clear blue one screws onto the bottom piece. The white disk with a hole sits on the bottom piece if you choose to use it.


This white disk is an optional piece. At first, I used this toy without it for easier dispensing of kibbles. My people put kibbles in the bottom half cup, screw the top lid back on, and I started rolling the ball.


After I learned how to play with this toy, my people inserted the white disk to raise the difficulty level. This disk has a hole that can be adjusted the size. This photo shows when the hole is to its largest size.


 The window closes completely by rotating the top piece, but you cannot get any kibbles this way. 


When the disk was inserted at first, the hole was completely open. Then, it was adjusted like this: about a kibble size.


This white disk sits on the bottom unit like this. My goodies are underneath this disk.


Now, I will show you how I play with this toy.





Look! Finally, I got a kibble.


This toy is pretty labor intensive. More so than KONG Wobbler, in my opinion. The ball keeps rolling and I spend more time chasing after the toy rather than eating. In fact, I started playing in the kitchen, and I could go as far as the living room as I kept pushing this ball around. This toy is made of hard plastic, and it makes quite a bit of noise when you play with it on the non-carpeted area of your place. 

Just like KONG Wobbler, this toy does not stay in my toy bucket. My people wash it after I finish playing and store it somewhere I cannot sniff. Since it is made of hard plastic, it can shatter if you are a very powerful chewer. And, if you are very smart and can open the screwed top, you could also chew on the white disk inside.

So, would I recommend this toy? Yes, I do. Although I now prefer KONG Wobbler, when I was a puppy, this was my main food dish until I started eating normally. If you are teething and do not want to eat, why don't you combine your meal with a little bit of fun play?


SHIBA INU SAKI's VIDEO DEMONSTRATION!

No comments: